Friday, August 30, 2013

Forever a Freshman

Senior. That word holds a lot of weight and a lot of expectations. Seniors are supposed to be wise and experienced and know the ins and outs of world around them.

But I don't.

Tomorrow is the beginning of the end.

Tomorrow I move back to my school, thus beginning my final year of college, making me a senior.

Although I am technically heading toward the "real world," I still feel like a child.
In many ways, I still feel like a freshman.

I'm still learning about myself and the world around me - how to act in certain situations, how to deal with certain personalities types, what I like and what I don't like.

I don't think that will ever go away, and I realized that that's a good thing. But for a while, I saw this as a bad thing. I felt almost like I hadn't grown up right because I didn't know some things that my roommate knew. But then I realized that no one knows everything, but everyone is learning every day.

Even though, I am going to be a senior in college, I will forever be a freshman.
I will always want to learn and discover and explore the areas within my mind and out in the world.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment