Thursday, November 7, 2013

Fashion trends I can't get behind


I work in a clothing store, so I see a lot of styles and trends come in and out.

Most of the styles I am absolutely in love with, but there are a few I just couldn't get behind, no matter how many times I tried it on in the fitting room.



High-Waisted Jeans



high-waisted jeans

The high-waisted look started gaining popularity in the summer with the shorts.
As August rolled around, rows and rows of high-waisted jeans in different colors could be found in almost any women's clothing store.

I love the way celebrities and other people rock these jeans, but, for some reason, I just can't pull them off. They always end up bunching up at the top, drawing attention to areas I'd rather not have stand out.
So, for those reasons, I cannot get behind this trend.




Fitted Midi Skirt


mini skirt


Tight, colorful and falling right area the knee cap, midi skirts started becoming a hot item around September.
The patterns and colors they came in were enough to peak my curiosity. Plus, I thought it was cool that women were buying a long skirt over a short skirt.

But, as it turns out, the midi look just doesn't work for me.

I'd say it's an item made for taller women...and mannequins.


Sweatshirts Tied Around Waist

sweatshirt around waist


Okay, I'm a fan of the '90s era, being a '90s kid myself, but I believe that what happened in the '90s, should stay in the '90s.
The sweatshirts-tied-around-waist look included.

Sure, it's a convenient look when you're wearing a sweatshirt and then get too hot, but it should not be a style that women aim to nail.

Can't we just move fashion forward?

Please?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment